State licensed and accredited by AdvancED (formerly the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools), the Ridgecroft Preschool program provides children ages three and four with a safe, nurturing, and secure environment in which to learn. A qualified staff of early childhood educators transforms each classroom into a place for children to learn and grow at their own pace. A developmentally appropriate, center-based curriculum provides quality experiences that incorporate “hands-on” active and sensory learning that focuses on gross motor skills, social and play skills, music, art, math, writing, and emotional development. Play-based learning encourages students to become explorers, discoverers, problem solvers, and inventors, self-concepts that form the foundation for future school success.
The Preschool’s hours of operation are 7:45 AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Friday. There is a late pick-up fee of $6.00 per minute after 6:00 PM or the announced pick-up time on early release days.
- Children must be three years of age by August 31 to enter that year’s Pre-K 3 class.
- The three-year-old students have the option to attend school either three or five days a week.
- Children must be four years of age by August 31 to enter that year’s Pre-K 4 class.
- Pre-K 4 students attend school five days a week.
- Children must be potty-trained.
- Children must be able to verbally express their wants and needs.